Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Delayed Update

So May has come and gone and June is nearing its end as well and I have been a negligent blogger once again. To be quite honest, May and June are just two tough months in the world of education. 
So, we went to Chapel Hill on June 2....Emily's weight was back to 77 pounds and her lung function was at 97%...needless to say we were thrilled and so very thankful. Seems like we finally put a halt to the mycobacteria....hopefully it won't rear it's ugly head again for a long, long time.  I suspect by the end of the summer her lung function will be even higher after a summer of swimming and eating!
The kids ended the year on a great note.....Donnie had a great semester at NC State, Douglas finished eighth grade with two high school credits, and Emily (even with all the school she missed this year) was able to pull off some great scores on her EOGs (in NC education lingo that means "end of grade" standardized tests). 
A highlight since my last update was the Great Strides walk this year.  It was held on May 14th (my mom's birthday, which made the day even better). So many people were able to come out this year--a bunch of Emily's soccer family, some of her teachers, and many other friends.  Emily's Team ended up raising over $8,500--our highest total yet in six years!  I am so proud and appreciative of all our family and friends who participated through walking and donating.  I truly believe in my heart that our efforts will not go unheaded and our Emily will have a cure sooner, rather than later.  I've added some pics from the walk! Enjoy--and if you couldn't be with us this year, hope you can make it next year!







3 comments:

ScottyB said...

oh wow i hope emily is doing better, i pray that she is happier now and it looks really great from the pictures she really looks very happy cause she has her family and loved ones. i myself am glad i have more time for my family cause i work from home selling import and export goods online. unlike before i was a trucker, had no time for my kids at all. keep up the good blog.

ChrisImports1 said...

I hope you get better soon. Things like this make me realize how fortunate I am to be spending more time with my family, unlike before I was swamped with work. Owning a small home business allowed me to have flexible hours and more time to take care of my family.

Jenna said...

Hi Emily
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. You are a precious miracle special gift, handsome prince and a earthly angel. U are a smilen champ, inspirational hero, courageous fighter, and a brave warrior.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease, developmental delays, 14 medical conditions.
http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com